The Community Coordinator is responsible for the facility and program coordination, supporting the board of directors and overseeing the Community Connectors. This position reports to the MCI Board of Directors. This is a dynamic position that includes operations coordination, communications, project development and program support responsibilities. The Community Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that all operations at MCI run smoothly.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Works with the Board and staff to develop, refine, and implement the organization’s vision, mission and core values.
- Ensures that the community space is utilized to its full potential.
- Serves as liaison between MCI and Winnipeg Housing Rehabilitation Corp.
- Develops workflow procedures utilizing best practices in facilities management.
- Manages copier leases and related vendor, performance and monitors usage and reporting.
- Supervision of the Community Connectors.
- Complete internal and external reports, program budgets and other administrative duties
- Responsible for all aspects of fundraising for Merchants Corner Inc.
- Coordinate all internal and external communication for the organization
- Facilitate meetings, liaising partner organizations to plan and organize north end events
- Regularly attend community meetings in order to build capacity and establish networks between organizations
- Completes special projects specific to the function of the organization or as directed by the MCI Board of Directors and other duties as assigned by the MCI Board of Directors
Education and Background
- Community Development Diploma, Business Administration Diploma or demonstrated equivalent experience will be considered
- Proven coordination experience
- A strong communicator with outstanding collaboration skills
- Proven supervision experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of North End
- Experience in marketing, social media and advertising
- Strong communication and organizational skills with superior attention to detail
- Good follow through and demonstrated delivery on project objectives
- Ability to work independently
- Proven leadership ability
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Publisher, and/or Creative Suite.
Merchants Corner Inc. practices employment equity. If you identify as a woman, Indigenous person, person with a disability, and/or person of colour, or reside in the North End, please indicate that in your cover letter.
Please forward resume and cover letter to Dawn Sands, email email@example.com.
Closing Date February 20, 2018.